For companies wanting to expand via acquisitions or buyers just looking to acquire a business, Kendall Capital Group can streamline the entire process. Our advisors work with buyers to develop target marketing plan to identify business opportunities that match their acquisition criteria. We add value to the buy-side of the transaction by managing the sales process and expediting the time-frame to close. Typically the most desirable businesses are not for sale. Targeting these business owners requires a strategic marketing approach that outlines the mutual benefits of both parties in an effort to encourage the seller to consider a potential acquisition.
Kendall Capital Group Acquisition process includes:
- Identifying business objectives including geographical preferences, market niches, revenue, profitability, and other strategic acquisition criteria.
- Perform an industry review and develop a target prospect list that matches the business objectives.
- Build buyer specific marketing materials including introductory letter, call scripts, and follow up emails.
- Screen acquisition targets to identify if they meet business objectives and determine if the timing is correct to consider an acquisition.
- Executing a Non-Disclosure Agreement between buyer and the target business.
- Arrange confidential seller and buyer introductions
- Perform a comprehensive valuation including industry analysis, financial metrics, and a buyer risk assessment.
- Assist in the preparation of Letter of Intent.
- Coordinate the due diligence process.
- Assist in closing the transaction and post-closing business integration.
There are many advantages in acquiring a business versus starting one from scratch. These include synergies that can enhance the profitability of the buyer, immediate cash flow, established customers, existing licenses and permits, and in most cases much easier bank financing needed to purchase the business.
If you would like to be kept informed of potential buy-side opportunities, please enter your search criteria here.